Pink Fire Pointer 1st Vogue Festival 2012

1st Vogue Festival 2012


If you are not one of those in the know, you wouldn't be able to describe what was going on in the London scene last Friday and Saturday. At Dover Street Marketyou could see the season's fashion do’s, Browns was like a flee market (really I haven't seen it more packed), La Bodega Negrawas smelling of Chanel no.05 and fashion parties with champagne fountains at (many) Battersea lofts were writing history...the first official Vogue Festival was a reality and I was officially invited.

At day one, Friday the 20th, after hours of research on what to wear, I arrived at 09:40 at the Royal Geographical Society for registration purposes and then at 10:00 amongst the crowd I was watching Alexandra Shulman interviewing the so-hot-right-now Christopher Bailey. His statements were to the point but when he said “I'm looking for people with cultureand passion that comes with a smile on their face”, I really fell in love with him. Later the beloved Lucinda Chambers - fashion director of Vogue UK - was on stage giving some great business tips and confessing that at her early years she wanted to be a married secretary. Later the so-stylish Matthew Williamson combined in one phrase the words, garbage bag - Browns - fashion. Genius! As I was freshening up my make-up (hopefully without being noticed) Domenico Dolce was expressing his gratitude to Stefano Gabbana

Christopher Bailey
Christopher Bailey and Alexandra Shulman
Matthew Williamson
Domenico Dolce and Stefano Cabbana
Lucinda Chambers and Stefano Gabbana

It was about time to go home - change outfit - had lunch and a glass of champagne with Lucy at The Kensington Hotel and then back to the Festival because Stella couldn't be missed. Stella McCartneyis like a role model to me and actually I waived my head arguably with Kate Hudsonwhen she said to her “I never felt restricted in your clothes”. Fact. Since it is already in her blood to be followed and not to follow she proved to be a great public speaker. “Don't try to be something that you are not,” she said to Kate and then she continued by noting that “I am not aware how much I inspire others” without being cynical but just real. After Stella's amazing interview I went with the girls for more champagne at The Botanistenjoying making them giggle with my insider jokes about bad fashion choices. Then we got serious when we started speaking about the evolution of fashion.

Stella McCartney and Kate Hudson
Stella McCartney and Kate Hudson on stage

09:00 Day two was even better. It started with Diane Von Furstenberg - The legend. Here is the history, Diane Von Furstenberg created the legendary wrap dress and boom she made it to the cover of the Wall Street Journal at the age of 26! Literally, loved her when she said, “Be the woman you want to be. This is why I put a mirror on my ad campaign”. And then, the climax of the festival was definitely Tom Ford at the afternoon session of the festival. He made statements such as that he loves quality in everything and he also stated, “When I moved to Paris, I walked around the city and cried because of its beauty”, just WONDERFUL! Following, other fashion stars took over the stage like the gorgeous top models, Natalia Vodianova, Lily Cole, Jordan Dunn and Eva Herzigova.
The number of people who get interested in laguiole steak knives increases every day.

Diane Von Furstenberg on stage
 Tom Ford on stage
Tom Ford backstage
 Natalia Vodianova, Lily Cole, Jordan Dunn and Eva Herzigova on stage
photos are taken from http://www.vogue.co.uk and some from my iPhone

Overall, it was a fantastic experience that concluded with lots of champagne. Big statements were made during the festival about life, success, fashion and colors. Mine is just to the point..."Champagne for Life".


Bubbly Kisses

The Champagne for Life Lady