Pink Fire Pointer Met Gala 2012: My favourite dresses!

Met Gala 2012: My favourite dresses!


The weekend that passed I had set only one goal to accomplish. That goal was to relax since my last weekend was unbelievably exciting-glamorous-fun but tiring at the same time (stay tuned for tomorrow’s post!). Goal was successfully accomplished and so I had plenty of time to look for inspiration from the comfort of my lovely apartment enjoying the company of a glass of bubbles. By now, I think you should have figured me out, and so you know that I look for inspiration in champagne and fashion. Then I remembered that I did not make any post about the hot topic of the previous week; of course I mean the Met Gala 2012 “Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations”! So, I guess that this is the appropriate time to show you my favourite art pieces, as I like to call these spectacular dresses!

Karolina Kurkova in Rachel Zoe rocked the red carpet with an old-Hollywood-style attitude. This look is my best of the best!  

Renee Zellweger looked stunning in a Pucci gown with an open back as well as a feathered train and accents.  

This look from Mary-Kate Olsen was the talk of the town this whole week. Wearing a black dress from her personal collection called The Row, she clearly made a statement and grabbed lots of positive and negative attention. Personally, I find this look very interesting and different. 

Simple but marvelous was Gisele Bundchen accompanied by her husband Tom Brady. Gisele was wearing a mermaid style Givenchy gown.


Diane Kruger made her entrance at the Gala wearing a royal purple Pradagown with a feathered finish. This look really stands out from the crowd.


As far as my glamorous-relaxing weekend is concerned, I only went to one of my favourite Mayfair places; Cecconi’s for a glass of champagne. There, next to me was Bill Nighy who I must say that I have seen there more than 10 times. He must love Cecconi’s as much as I do!



Bubbly Kisses

The Champagne for Life Lady