Pink Fire Pointer "Can We Still Be Friends"; the book I have with me in Cannes!

"Can We Still Be Friends"; the book I have with me in Cannes!

When I found out that Alexandra Shulman published her novel "Can We Still be Friends" I got very excited; the party at Sotheby's for the celebration of Vogue's editor fictional debut was the icing of the cake, or in my world the fresh aromatic strawberry into my bubbly champagne. I cannot remember the hours I wasted into my closet trying to figure out the fashion choice for the event but I can remember that I ended up with a vintage chiffon corset dress bought ages ago from one of my favourite stores, called Rellik mixed with Enamel and Brass earrings, Bottega Veneta Clutch and elegantly curled hair. Everyone was at the event; from Mario Testino to the inspiring Ben Elliot.

Alexandra Shulman and Mario Testino

Tatler editor Kate Reardon and Net-A-Porter founder Natalie Massenet


I remember spotting Christopher Bailey in a grey silver-ish suit making him extremely charming and Sibylla Phillips chatting with Mario. Note: Sibylla's lipstick was to die for. As the time was passing I overheard Rolland Mouret discussing fashion with Natalie Massenet while I couldn't get my eyes off the dress of Nigella Lawson which was Ah-mazing! Vogue-Novel-Champagne paved the way to a great event but Alexandra's reflection of happiness will be something to remember. The verdict for the fictional debut of “Can We Still be Friends” will be made soon, since I just started it here in Cannes but from a Shulman I always expect the best. 



Bubbly Kisses (still from the Cote D'Azur)

The Champagne for Life Lady