Pink Fire Pointer My Glamorous Weekend in Athens

My Glamorous Weekend in Athens


It was a Tuesday morning; I was wearing my Hunter boots, 2 layers of knitwear, a coat and a scarf. The weather in London was experimenting with my patience once again (5 weeks of non stop raining!) and when I saw the picture of one of my Greek friends being at the beach, and getting tanned, I immediately booked my tickets to Athens for that Friday. 

I arrived at 23:00 p.m. at the airport and when my friend, Linasaw me wearing my winter clothes she said that I must be crazy as she was wearing a dress and her beautiful Pradasandals. Soon, I felt the temperature and I putted on my Acne summer dress (purchased 1 month ago, you can imagine my anticipation for wearing it!) and in 40 minutes I was in PARADISE!



Around 00:00


We arrived at one of my favourite club restaurants in the world, the Island! This bar restaurant doesn’t look like any other place! Located by the sea, when entering through the Cycladic type of doors, you feel that you have just landed into a Greek island. JUST BEAUTIFUL!


We ate delicious food, danced all night (literally as we left the  Island when the sun was up again – typical of us), had a lot of champagne and overall we had an unforgettable time with my Greek friends while I was celebrating the beginning of summer!

12:00 (yes this is the time that I woke up – no comments) Lina brought me breakfast in bed so that I could quickly get ready for the beach and some tanning!


14:00 we arrived at the beach! Finally, the sun and the sea! I think I couldn’t ask for anything else. Oh wait I need champagne!


 Here it is! Now I am on top of the world!

22:00 Now a second fabulous night out is calling! We are going to Bellini Aperitivo that Lina had told me that it is the so hot-right-now place to be in Athens! Well I said that The Champagne for Life Lady must definitely check this one out!


This place is simply great! The minute I entered it I felt a great vibe from the crowd that seemed to be having fun chatting over Bellini’s. As I headed to the bar to order a Bellini, I couldn't keep my eyes off the Monroe and Hepburnportraits on the wall! My Bellini was great but because I got jealous of Lina’s Rossini, my second drink was this delicious strawberry based champagne cocktail. I can promise you (as you know I am quite an expert!) that this was the best Rossini I ever had in my life!



Bellini Aperitivo was considered to be our starting place for the night but because everybody were having fun and more friends were coming, we decided to stay longer and indulge ourselves with some pizza to complement our champagne cocktails. The pizza was also amazing! I fell in love with this place and told Lina that we should go there again the night before my return to London. I met the people who own the place as well, and because they could see how much we were enjoying ourselves there, they were so kind to offer us complimentary Bellinis and Rossinis. HEAVEN ON EARTH!



End of Part I



Bubbly Kisses

The Champagne for Life Lady